This program helps those who:
- Have tried every diet without without permanent success
- Binge eat or compulsively overeat
- Have medical complications that make losing weight vitally important
- Are children or adolescents whose parents do not want them to struggle with obesity for the rest of their lives.
If you want more information to determine if a professional approach like this is right for you please fill out our contact form for free evaluation and consultation.Why Does CBM’s Approach Work?
Participants receive an individualized approach to learn how to overcome the biological and psychological forces that make permanent weight control so challenging. They receive support that enables them to manage these forces through enhanced self-awareness, stress management, and positive focusing skills.
CBM staff members are experts. For example, Dr. Kirschenbaum developed and has used this approach for more than 30 years and his colleague, Susan Shrifter-Fialkow, MA, LCSW, has been the Assistant Director of CBM for 19 years.
When appropriate, we use:
- Modern appetite control medications, and
Our Center’s outstanding results have been cited frequently in professional journals (including Obesity, International Journal of Obesity, Healthy Psychology, Obesity Facts, Addictive Behaviors, and Cognitive Behavior Therapy) .The following links show the hundreds of times these studies were mentioned in the professional literature in recent years: Google Scholar and National Library of Medicine.